I drew around the outside of a birthday ring and drew the spiral inside. I did this on the reverse of my material.
I did a quick running stitch along the spiral to check that it looked Ok.
I turned the material right side out and followed the stitch line, using backstitch. I then removed the white running stitch thread. I measured the length of the spiral by following it with thread. I wanted to have 21 stars as a countdown to the winter solstice, so I divided the length by 20 to work out how far apart each star would be. Starting in the centre I did a cross-stitch star every 3 1/2 cms along the spiral.
We will use our small summer solstice peg doll to move along the spiral.
Instead of candles I made four peg doll candles. I painted some mummy peg dolls white and made each of them a flame hat, inspired by Margret Bloom’s Hanukah matching peg doll game in the book “Making Peg dolls”. We will light each candle by placing the hat on their head as we say:
Advent, Advent, a candle burns.
I light the night, my candle burns.
First one, then two, then three, then four.
My heart is shining like a star.
We will be adding to the ring each week inline with Rudolph Steiner's poem:
The first light of Advent is the light of stones.
Stones that live in crystals, seashells, and bones.
The second light of Advent is the light of plants.
Roots, stem, leaf, flower and fruit by whom we live and grow.
The third light of Advent is the light of beasts.
Animals of farm, field, forest, air and sea.
All await the birth in greatest and in least.
The fourth light of Advent is the light of humankind.
The light of love, the light of thought, to give and to understand.”
~Rudolf Steiner
(Luath is 34 months)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets