description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Thursday, 10 May 2012

Summer Bucket List

I have a few ideas that would be fun to do over the summer and I want to make sure that I have anything we need beforehand.  Summers here are a bit hit or miss.  Our first summer here it pretty much rained for the whole six weeks of the school holidays, last year we had a glorious two week spell of hot weather.  The chances are it will rain quite often, but we should hopefully get some "summer" days.  I am making summer the period from the summer solstice (20th June) until our village show date at the end of August.  The list is pretty low key and I've tried to have things that we can still do no matter what the weather is.  I'll print it and put it on the fridge as a reminder of things that would be good to experience. 


Our list (some with links), have listed any prep (more for me!)
  • nature wand walk - stick, double sided tape
  • paddle in the sea
  • tickle game - make tickle wheel or similar
  • PYO fruit
  • wet paper fun - paper from recycle bin 
  • picnic -rug,basket, goodies
  • a family wedding
  • make lemonade - 4apples and a lemon (supposed to have a juicer but will give it a go)
  • bandy net fun - a bandy net
  • have a BBQ -BBQ bag, goodies
  • walk outdoors barefoot
  • fly a kite -kite
  • a storytime walk -book and maybe props
  • use bath paints (growing a jeweled rose has great bath ideas) - bath wash soap, cornflour, food colouring, ice cube tray, toothpicks                      
  • blow bubbles - washing up liquid, water, sugar using recipe here, a wand
  • build a sandcastle -bucket, spade
  • start a magic tree - some shiny things
  • see Olympic football
  • leisure centre activity
  • paint with feet -homemade paint, heavy paper/cardboard
  • have a puppet show -puppets, sheet 
linked up with Little Wonders Summer bucket list 2012
Little Wonders' Days

(Luath will be 17-18mths over this period)

UPDATES - Posts of our summer bucket list activities

An early start
A story walk with chalk

6 comments:

  1. This is a great list! I love the idea for a magic tree, how fun! I'm so glad you linked up to the Summer Bucket List Party. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, hoping the weather will give us some sunshine! Getting plenty great ideas from the link up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a summer bucket list with linky, feel free to drop by and add your post!

    http://www.momsbookshelf.com/2012/05/2012-summer-bucket-list-family-fun.html

    Have a Great Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, we've had some summery weather and already started enjoying our list

      Delete
  4. Visiting from the bucket list link-up - love the 'paddle in the sea' (which we were closer to a coast to do that :) Did you know that there's a great classic picture book called 'Paddle to the Sea'. And I've gotta get make lemonade on our list - how could I have missed that one! Enjoy summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will need to check out that book. We had an early start to our summer list and have already paddled in the sea, it was so much fun. Hope your lemonade tastes yummy

      Delete

Commets