description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Thursday, 31 May 2012

Summer Bucket List - an early start

photos to follow having upload photo issues!

We had planned to start our summer bucket list around the 20th of June but we have had almost a week of summery weather and you grab that while it is here since you never know when the warm weather may reappear.  A lot of our list are things we can do a few times anyway.


Paddle in the sea
We paddled in the chilly North Sea. I had debated about removing Luath's nappy but as I had just planned a little paddle decided against it.  What I hadn't foreseen was that even fairly gentle waves can unbalance a toddler.  As I stood taking a photo a slightly bigger wave than a ripple came in and she wobbled, lost balance and ended up on her bottom.  She didn't mind and was even happier when for the rest of the beach time she enjoyed some nappy free time (I had left her nappies in the car).

Picnic
I am sure we will have a few of these but we have enjoyed two with my parents, a lunchtime picnic on a grassy slope near the beach and afternoon snack in the park.  We also had a lunch picnic with my friend and two of her dogs by a castle.  Luath, the dog and I had a high speed picnic sitting on a log - Luath was keen to keep walking rather than eating.

Walk outdoors barefoot
Luath enjoyed walking barefoot on the beach and also on my parents grassy garden.

Fly a kite
I found a pocket size kite and we give it a try.  The wind wasn't enough to get it flying as Luath trailed it behind her, but we got it flying a little with a good adult run.

Blow bubbles
I had forgotten how much fun bubbles are.  Daddy and I had a great time sharing bubble blowing with Luath.  Even the dog joined in trying to catch them.

Build a sandcastle
My mum stopped off on our way to the beach to buy a bucket and spade set supposedly for Luath but I am pretty sure it was for herself.  Luath played with the set a little but my mum played with it a lot.  We brought it back to the beach when we returned with Luath's cousin.  My dad made some sandcastles which Luath would stand and look at until her cousin would come and smash them to pieces.

Not on the list but summery bucket list style fun
An outdoor bath
Luath was still sandy following our beach trips and since it was such a hot day we took her bath outdoors.


Paddling pool fun
Luath's auntie bought a paddling pool and Luath and her cousin had a fun afternoon playing in it.  Her cousin didn't like sitting in the water though.
IMG_1561

Have an ice cream cone
Luath and I shared a strawberry ice cream cone.  Luath loved it, in fact she had so much of mine my mum offered to go get me another one.

(Luath is 16months)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets