I spied a wine box in the recycling and thought it would make a great drum. When I took it out I saw the carry handle opening on the back and thought I could rip it further and use elastic bands (we have a jar of saved ones in the kitchen) to make a harp style instrument.
What a success, I think I have played with it more than Luath! You can strum with your hands and strum with different utensils, it makes a great sound. You can still use it as a drum. Each side makes a different sound. If you hold the bands and hit the oppostie side and then compare it when you let the bands twang.
Luath tried sitting and hitting the box today. It is sturdy enough to let her do this. We tapped out nursery rhymes with our hands.
If this isn't quick enough for you another one we recently played was jar lids. The best kind are ones with safety button tops, they make such a great clicking sound, Luath loves it. Plain ones work fine for banging together or hitting with a spoon.
Another insturment we made lately was a shaker out of a plastic jar and some milk bottle lids.
Of course nothing beats a pan and some spoons!
Oh and the wine box has a great posting hole on the side for when you get fed up playing music.
shared with Tuesday tots see what else tots have been doing

No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets