Last week after I had been unwell I needed to find some low key but engaging activities. Luath loves stories and we have done some story time with props before which went down well so I decided to use some of the week's bear themed books. One book in particular - Goldilocks and the Three bears screamed out to be acted. Only problem we don't quite have the right cast,
Goldilocks has lost her lush locks.
Daddy is a koala bear.
Mummy is a pink patchwork bear.
Baby is a panda bear.
I used an upturned basket for a table, three mini muffin cases as porridge bowls, with 3 of Luath's spoons. The chairs were a step stool. the armrest of the sofa and the sofa itself. For the beds I used 3 different cushions, all with different textures.
We began by reading the story a few times The book has a part of each double page to feel so we ended up reading it a few times.
Next we acted out the story. I deviated from the words in the book so it would last longer. Luath loved the eating the porridge part, so much so that she would rescue the bears from the woods (hiding behind me) and feed them some too. We had lots of fun when Baldilocks went to try the beds as both Luath and I would rest our heads on the cushions too.
We acted out the story slowly a few times on two different days. It was a brilliant game for a low energy mummy. It was only later when I was thinking about how different our characters were to the traditional cast, that I realised that it really shows the type of person I am and hope Luath will be. It is nice to have the right gear and things to be close to perfect but I would rather make do and still be able to enjoy the experience. If there is a recipe I want to try but I don't have all the ingredients then I adapt. I hope the in the future Luath can do similar i.e. if she hears some ballet music and wants to dance but has no tutu and pumps that she will happily dance in whatever she has even if it's wellies - of she takes after me she will unlikely have a tutu!
I had almost finished this post and it was in my draft folder when this morning I read that Rainy Day mum had acted out the same book with he kids, here is her take.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets