I love being outdoors and I enjoy growing things, especially edibles. Our garden has been very much neglected and I really would like to have something to harvest this year. I would love Luath to share my hobby and experience the thrill of sowing a seed and watching it sprout, grow and then eat the outcome.
Luath is a velcroed to her mummy girl 24/7 and our garden isn't yet safe for her to be too far from an adult, so anything I do I always have a helper, two when the dog tags along too. Over the last few days the weather has been perfect for being outdoors. I didn't accomplish much but had lots of fun watching Luath engage with nature.
She helped me move two small raised beds and transfer the earth.
She enjoyed crawling under a tree to the corner of the garden where she sat for a long time. I sat with her and managed to hand pull some dead long grass.
She helped me gather some of the grass to put on the base of a raised bed. Tasting some as she went.
She filled her bucket with treasures. Luath can now say pine cone which I think is just such a brilliant word to have learnt.
She helped me try and clean an area to make it into a Luath play section and started to decorate it.
| decorating with pine cones and stones |
She played with some flower pots.
She did lots more that wasn't photographed including playing on her swing, helping me sweep, reading stories on the step, playing with the dog......never ending entertainment with the only "toys" being her swing and bucket set.
I managed to fill some pots so we will be all ready to sow some seeds next.
See what else tots have been up to at Tuesday tots and what outdoor play has been happening



LOVE having my kiddos involved with my gardening! Great post. Looks like you all had some fun outdoor play and exploring. Thanks for linking up to the outdoor play party!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post - I love J and T joining in with our gardening and spent a great hour on Sunday with J examining worms in the soil - our garden had been too dangerous before but this year we've made it safer and he loves it. Thank you so much for linking to Tuesday Tots and I'm featuring this post on tomorrow's link up.
ReplyDeleteGardening and kids in my mind is a perfect match.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait until Luath discovers her first worm!