description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Virtual Book Club - Easter Egg by Jan Brett


I saw this month's virtual book club for kids post on Toddler Approved and decided to join in. We don't have the book so we watched/listened to it here.  We only watched it once, it is a lovely story, beautifully illustrated, but I didn't like the way the book was read.  I will keep by eyes out for the book as it would be a lovely story to bring out each Spring.

I had a few ideas of things we could do but in the end I decided to keep it simple and we would have a lunch inspired by the book.  Our first muffin tin type meal.


I cut some bread using a bunny cookie cutter.  One bunny sat with a blueish egg to match the robin's egg.  I used food colouring but only a little as not sure either Luath or I would really want to eat a bright blue egg!  The other bunny sat on a nest of grated carrot, surround by a bush of broccoli and was sitting on a cheese egg (made by using an apple corer).    I put some more cheese eggs in a case.  The rest of the lunch was some sweetcorn, some apples slices and some raisins (these made be giggle as I thought they could be rabbit droppings!).

It was another lovely day so we ate our lunch outside with a bunny friend.  It was so sunny that I needed to put the parasol up.  Luath and I loved our lunch.  Daddy was very jealous when he saw the pictures,  He wants lunches like this.


As a treat we shared a bunny biscuit and two eggs that I had made earlier in the week.



We enjoyed our first book club, hopefully next time Luath will get to know the book a little better so our linked activity will have more meaning to her.







2 comments:

  1. Your bunny lunch inspired by "The Easter Egg" is so sweet. I need to get my hands on a bunny cookie cutter. We watched the story on the computer too since our library didn't have the book on hand, and it was almost $20 to buy at the book store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great that everyone could join in evenwithout the need to borrow or buy the book. I'll be on the hunt to add to my cookie cutter collection now.

    ReplyDelete

Commets