13.5 months
This week we did the song "A dingle dangle scarecrow". I had never heard it until we did it at bookbugs when Luath was about 6 months old. It quickly has become a family favourite. Some resources here
Learning Basket
I found a nursery puzzle this week. When I took it out we had fun singing the different nursery rhymes features, Luath kept selecting a girl with a teapot - I sing "Polly put the kettle on" and "I'm a little teapot" for that puzzle piece.
The puzzle box has a post box type slot on the lid and Luath started trying to post the puzzle pieces. The big ones are a little hard, so I gave her the four small inner puzzle pieces initially. Once she got the hang of it then she also tried posting the larger pieces. I need to support the box. As with most activities she makes up, she loved doing it and spent ages playing postie - following her lead works so well. The funniest thing was that every time she posted a puzzle piece she would giver herself a clap.(I think she has picked this up from daddy)
We have a book that has Dingle Dangle Scarecrow in it.
I left some of the farm books from last week out.
The farm quilt has a scarecrow on it, so we read and sang on the quilt again this week I made sure I pointed out the scarecrow.
Activity File
Daddy enjoyed acting out the song. Lying down for the sleeping part and the jumping up and waving his arms and legs. Luath and I sing this song at Bookbugs so she already puts her head down as if asleep, but it was fun watching daddy act it out.
Craft
Enjoyed using some crayons at a wee worship session. The nursery aged kids had been helped to make a tree, and Luath enjoyed putting crayons to paper, sometime adding colour, sometimes not.
Art
Luath and I looked at this painting by Anna Pugh. I set it as my laptop's background so it was big enough to look at. It would be nice to own the print but it is too pricey for us. It will be a great picture for when she is older, So much to look at and talk about.Spot the scarecrows, there are more than you think!
![]() |
| source |
having fun with her piano - a great present she got for Christmas from her cousin, auntie and uncle.
Poetry
Toy Basket
tLuath has finally gone for a ride on her ride on. We spent a while sitting and pushing her baby around in it, before placed Luath on it. She was happy to stay on it for a few minutes, I gave her some pushing and she did a little bit of self propulsion.
I stuck to a farm scheme this week so I left out our farm toys from last week.
Other things this week
We went to a wee worship session. This is only the third one they have run, they aim to do one once a month. It is for nursery (3-5) and younger. There is some singing, a story, prayer, play and lunch. It is a small group but that actually works well.
As we were getting new windows, the girls went away to stay with our dogs mum, two other dogs and their owners (my good friends). We had lots of fun. Our dog had a great time playing with the dogs on the beach. Luath did a little walking on the beach, but still prefers to be worn by mummy.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets