This week Luath has transferred all her bare feet indoor walking/running skills into outdoor shoe wearing walking. She has been walking indoors for months but just didn't seem to get the outdoor walking.
Today we went for a walk in our local woods. We are in these woods almost every day when we walk the dog. I usually carry Luath, today I carried her for the first half of the walk, then let her walk some of the way back.
She loved it. She walked, she ran, she wobbled, she tumbled, she picked up twigs and stones, she got her hands dirty, she sat, she mimicked the birds, she laughed..... For 40 minutes we just enjoyed the wonderful outdoors.
The dog was happy to amble along slowly. When I picked up Luath to carry her the rest of the way home she was pretty annoyed. She would have kept walking, but it was lunchtime and both Luath and I get grumpy when we are hungry.
We did have one mishap. I was letting Luath investigate a muddy puddle. My attempt to stop her from tumbling into the puddle actually resulted in her ending up in it. She got a bit of a cold, wet shock, had a very short cry, a cuddle and she was off. Note to mummy, a white jacket and her good hat were not the ideal outfit. Next time Luath will wear either her all in one snow suit or waterproof trousers and a wipe clean jacket, oh and another hat!
Her jacket, hat and trousers are now soaking in the sink. However mud will wash off the clothes and her face/hands; but the memories and experience of today will last.
Shared with Tuesday tots via Rainy Day Mum, see what others have been up to with their tots.
Outdoor Play via Mama Pea Pod, see what other outdoors fun is going on



It warms my heart to see a Mama let her child fully experience the outdoors even if it means clothes get muddy. Bravo, Mama! Thank you for sharing at The Outdoor Play Party!
ReplyDeleteI had parents who let us play in the mud, make mud pies and so I know how much fun it is. It took a saok and two goes through the machine to get the mud out of her white jacket though!
ReplyDelete