description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Sunday, 25 March 2012

(tiny) tot school - Nursery Rhyme - Incy Wincy Spider


14 months
We had a lovely week, things were a bit more normal compared to the last few weeks.  Inspired by a new book that became Luath's book of the week last week, this week's theme was Incy Wincy Spider.  Luath loves the nursery rhyme so it was a perfect choice.  Some links to resources I found.

Learning Basket

Since we only have two spider books I added some that had other creepy crawlies featured.


 
A sound garden activity centre 
Two spiders on elastic (they came from a game)
A butterfly teether,


Activity File

Singing Incy Wincy spider, sometimes adding in actions. I also made a gutter (out of a milk bottle) for Incy to climb up.  Luath  enjoyed dragging Incy around while he was stuck in the guttering.

We used daddy's golf chipping practise net as a spiders web and threw the spiders into their web.  Luath enjoyed it when I threw the spiders in but kept hold of their elastic so she could ping them back out again.



Craft

I made some glue and Luath had a short explore of it.
 


Poetry
No set poem as two of the books were poetry ones.

Toy Basket Favourites

Luath decided that her pull along sheep was the best toy.  It has been in her basket for a couple of weeks and she hasn't been that interested.   However I had it with some books and toys to rotate out of usage and she removed it and has played a lot with the sheep.
Whose nose game

Soft ring stacker

Other things this week

We spent a lot of time outdoors, we have had lots of rain so this week it was a treat to have dry and some days summery weather.  Luath has finally mastered walking outdoors four months after she started indoor walking. . We walked on and off for 80 minutes one day, all Luath led.









We investigated many things including muddy puddles








We found a fairy house , or maybe a Leprechaun's as there were clovers in the doorway.

















 We spent time  in the garden











and on the beach.










She had a fun evening with daddy while mummy was at a committee meeting for our local garden show - this is a huge step for our velcroed to her mummy girl.  No tears, no stressing, she just enjoyed time with daddy.

She played with a box of circles of kitchen objects.


I  reorganised Luath's clothes drawers (filing her clothes vertically) and smile every time I select an outfit.





Find out what others were up to this week at 1+1+1=1









No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets