description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Sunday, 18 March 2012

(tiny) tot school - Nursery Rhyme - I'm a little teapot


14 months


My parents were still staying and there was still quite a bit of DIY going on.  Luath has also been having some even more unsettled nights than usual.  Teeth 5 and 6 appeared at the end of last week, so possibly their buddies on the left top and bottom are trying to join them. Luath has done a lot of bonding with her maternal grandparents and hugging into mummy.

Learning Basket
Although it didn't fit with the theme, we took out Luath's tool kit (so she could help with the DIY).

A toy that you need to turn, pull etc to make the animals pop up - although Luath has worked out it is easier just to pull on the animal covers and they come up that way.

Activity File
Singing and acting out "I'm a little teapot" and "Polly put the kettle on"

Craft
Luath and granny did some drawing together.


Music
We took out her musical instruments and she had a fun session with my mum.
Listening to the radio with grandad, not sure what she thought of the opera singer (I found it too screechy!)


Toy Basket
A toy kitchen and lots of kitchen items that she finds in her kitchen cupboard. 
Little Tikes Discover Sounds Kitchen
I was lucky to find this secondhand, Luath has loved it since she was about 7 months old
(we don't have the sound switched on)
She enjoyed making and mixing pretend cups of tea.


Other things this week
We had recorded The Gruffalo and she loved watching it.  I am still on the hunt for a fox, but we have a the rest of the animals and have been acting out the story.

 Playing with a rugby ball and finding out that it moves differently to a round ball.

I missed linking two weeks of our tot school here they are:
horsey horsey
dingle dangle scarecrow

Find out what others were up to this week at 1+1+1=1









No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets