description
A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh
Monday, 19 March 2012
Playing with a rugby ball
Luath enjoys playing with balls of different sizes. Kicking, throwing, pushing...... She giggles, screams and makes lots more sounds of great delight. I thought it would be fun to take out a rugby ball to see what she thought of a non round ball. Our full sized rugby ball needs to be pumped up, so I bought a cheap one. It is supposed to be for a dog and said " NOT FOR CHILDREN" on the label, but I fully supervised Luath while she had it and told her it was for the dog once we had played with it.
I was surprised that it didn't appear to confuse Luath that this ball moved differently. She still enjoyed kicking it, throwing it, rolling it. Maybe as she gets older she might notice the difference between a rugby ball and a round ball, but for now it is just another fun ball to play with. Maybe this is the answer to Scotland's not so good rugby results in the six nations (wooden spoon again this year); we should introduce rugby balls when children are very young when they just accept so easily new things and learn how they move compared to round balls.
The dog (much to her delight) now has the ball and we are on the look out for a child size rugby ball for Luath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets