We had lots of fun with our imaginary boat ride that thought I would share. I lay down a blue duvet cover, some towels, a couple of cushions and a tea towel for our base. I then took Luath's bath, attempted to add a flag (a golf club and material). I then added some toys.
We had a mermaid and a crab on a rock. (I had made this mermaid tail for Luath when she was a few months old for a mermaid birthday party, so I just narrowed the waist and tied it onto a dress up doll)
We had two frogs on a lily pad.
A dolphin swimming alongside the boat. A whale (shape sorter) and a penguin on an iceberg (at the back)
An octopus and some fish.
Even Nessie the Loch Ness monster joined in (on the left of the boat)
We just and no more both made it into the boat. Luath loved it when I made the sea choppy. We sang some boat and sea life songs. I repeated her favourite story from this week about a boy who builds a boat and goes off for an adventure, with a few mishaps (Jack and the flum flum tree). She did some shape sorting in her boat.
Some fishing using her golf club.
She especially loved capsizing her boat.
I am having so much fun joining Luath on her imagination play journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets