description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Monday, 28 May 2012

Music time - Minnie mouse, Tchaikovsky, a laptop and a keyboard

It has been a little while since I had out our electric keyboard.  Luath enjoys listening to, dancing to and playing music.  We try to let her experience a wide range of different types of music and song.  Today I found a video of Tchaikovsky's 1st piano concerto, I had planned for us to listen rather than watch it,  however when I saw the close up of the pianist hands I thought it would be fun for us to play along.














I placed the laptop in front of the keyboard and I stood behind Luath.  I then copied the pianist hand movements, there is a great part near the beginning when the pianist moves his hands up the keys.  Luath then hit a few keys along to the music.  - if either of us hit the right notes and the right time if was pure luck!










Luath then got Minnie Mouse to join in the fun by dancing on the keyboard and then tapping the keys.

       

We both enjoyed our interactive music session.

(Luath is 16mths)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets