![]() |
| Luath is 15 months |
Flùraichean is ròsan
A h-uile duine còmhla
A-tuisiu, a-tuisiu
A h-uile duine sios
Tha sinne air an ùrlar
Tha sinne air an ùrlar
Tha sinne air an ùrlar
Ach leumaidh sinne suas
This week I picked a Scottish Gaelic nursery rhyme, it is a bit like ring a ring a roses, can listen and download here. I selected a flower theme as the bluebells in the woods have just come out and are looking stunning. The only problem was that we have very little flower things to work with.
We sang and acted out the song.
Our books were very loosely based on flowers/gardens.
We spotted flowers and blooms while out for our walks.
We made flower shapes
We did lots of activities with milk bottle tops - working on sorting by colour (on/off success with this), picking the same colour as I held up (again on/off success), stacking, making into shakers (the dog loved this!). throwing them into a basket.
We also had out some lego style blocks and enjoyed making castles. Luath's baby had fun being the king of the castle and humpty dumpty.
I made some playdough dyed with carrot and then butternut squash.
Music
we listened and danced to the waltz of the flowers from the nutcracker (we listen to music free here - might only be available in UK and Ireland)
Other things this week
we went for a sensory touching leaves walk
Had a sensory cooking experience
http://3dinosaurs.com/wordpress/index.php/free-mini-flower-pack/
http://www.2teachingmommies.com/2012/03/flower-unit-expanded.html
http://homeschoolcreations.com/gardenpreschoolpack.html

No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets