description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Sunday, 9 December 2012

Salt dough decorations

We made some more decorations for our tree.

Salt dough Recipe
 Mix half a cup salt and whole cup flour. Slowly add a whole cup water.  Mix then knead until pliable.  Add more flour if too sticky or more water if too dry.

Once it was mixed I split the dough into five portions.  I kneaded each portion separately.  One ball I kept plain, one I added cinnamon and the others food colouring.

Next Luath and I rolled out some dough and used some cookie cutters to make Christmas shapes. I used a straw to make holes in the shapes so we could hang the decorations.

We cut some plain circles so we could decorate these later. Last year we tried air drying and also microwaving and it didn't work well.  This year we decided to oven bake them on low, except daddy being helpful out them in the oven while we was cooking and the temperature was high so they turn rather brown and slightly burnt.

A few days later we decorated the plain baubles by covering them in glue and sprinkling glitter over.  Luath loved the glitter.

The baubles looked lovely hung next to the lights on the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets