![]() |
| image from foodclipart.com |
Since we picked an apple them for this week I had a look through our books and an online search for ones I liked. I found some lovely ones at alphabet-soup
Wassailing song to be sung to the trees while we were wassailing them -
"Apple tree, apple tree,
we all come to wassail thee,
Bear this year and next year to bloom and to blow,
Hat fulls, cap fulls, three cornered sack fills,
Hip, Hip, Hip, hurrah, Holler biys, holler hurrah"
Songs
Here we go round the apple tree,
The apple tree, the apple tree.
Here we go round the apple tree,
So early in the morning.
Verse 2: This is the way we plant the seeds.
Verse 3: This is the way the little seed sprouts.
Verse 4: This is the way it grows to a tree.
Verse 5: This is the way the flowers blossom.
Verse 6: This is the way the apples grow.
Verse 7: This is the way the apples are picked
(I added in a few different verses, this is the way we wash our apples, peel our apples, cook our apples, eat our apples etc)
![]() |
| image from foodclipart.com |
I sure wish one would fall to me
One fell down
And hit the ground
Now how many apples do you see?
(Keep singing until all apples have fallen.)
(sung to tune of "Are you Sleeping?")
Picking apples
picking apples
one by one
one by one
Put them in a basket
Put them in a basket
Oh what fun!
Oh what fun!
Fingerplays
Apples here (point to yourself)
Apples there (point away)
Apples are growing everywhere (hands form a circle...the world)
Some are high (point up)
Some are low (point down)
You will see apples wherever you go (point to eyes)
Apples on the left (extend left arm)
Apples on the right (extend right arm)
You will see (point to eyes again)
Both day and night (Hands together and head down on them) Way up high in the apple tree (stretch arm up high)
![]() |
| image from ffodclipart.com |
Two red apples smiled at me (hold up 2 fingers)
I shook that tree as hard as I could (make a shaking motion)
Down came the apples, (make a downward motion)
Mmmm--were they good! (smile and rub stomach)
This is the tree
With leaves so green.
(make leaves with fingers outstretched)
Here are the apples
That hang in between.
(make fist)
When the wind blows
(blow)
The apples will fall,
(falling motion with hand)
Here is the basket to gather them all.
(use arms to form basket)
Poems
The Apple Star
Take an apple round and red.
Don't slice down
Slice through instead.
Right inside it you will see
A star as pretty as can be!
Take an apple round and red.
Don't slice down, slice through instead.
Look inside it and you'll see,
A special star for you and me
Peel an Apple
Peel an apple
Cut it up,
and cook it in a pot.
When you taste it,
you will find,
it's applesauce you've got!
A Little Red Apple
A little red apple
Hung high in a tree
I looked up at it
And it looked down at me
"Come down, please" I called
And what do you suppose---
That little red apple
Dropped right on my nose!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets