Cut some material the height of the beanbag and double the width. Fold the material in half width wise, with what will be the outside facing inwards.
Sew around the three open sides leaving a small gap so you can turn the beanbag inside out. Luath loved helping me with the machine. She understood to stay away from the needle. Her favourite part was when I turned the material and she helped press down the material before restarting to sew.
Fill the beanbags with beans, rice or sand. This is a fun part to do together. If you put some of your "beans" into a small bottle and use a cardboard funnel then it isn't too messy! Then neatly sew up the gap. You could make an inner bag, fill that with beans and then an outer bag for extra security. You could also vary the weight of the bag, added different textures, objects that make different noises etc
We made one beanbag in blue and four smaller ones in white. I thought it would be fun to decorate the beanbags. One side I drew things that could be caught and on the other different people’s faces. Luath helped me decide what I would draw.
Funnily enough Luath hasn’t been doing as much throwing this week but we have used the beanbags for a few different activities.
shared with tuesday tots
Luath is 21 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets