description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Thursday, 25 October 2012

An Autumn Leaf Crown



To make an Autumn Leaf Crown you need:
some leaves
some lightweight cardboard (food packaging works great)
sticky tape and/or glue
any other embellishments you wish

What we did:
We gathered some leaves, very much just whatever ones Luath picked up and I didn't search for  perfect ones since we weren't going to keep the crown for long.  I made Luath a basket from a plastic box that fruit comes in and a piece of string.



I made Luath a crown from a light cardboard box.  One thicker strip in the centre with two thinner strips at each side.  One of the sides had halfwidth cuts from the bottom up, and the other side had halfwidth cuts from the top down.  This meant that the crown was adjustable and quick to fit, which is perfect when you have a toddler who is hit and miss with head wear.




The leaves didn't stick well with the glue we have so I ended up taping them to the crown.  Luath is fascinated with sticky tape so the crown lost her interest and she played with some tape instead.

Luath decided that she didn't want to wear her crown but was keen for both me and daddy to have it on.

(Luath is 21 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets