description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Monday, 8 October 2012

Internationall babywearing week - Our BW adventures

Natural Mamas IBW Blog Carnival
It is International Babywearing Week and Natural Mamas are hosting a blog carnival.  For us babywearing is an everyday activity.  It happens almost every day and is as every day as brushing our teeth.  Recently when I had a bug I didn't carry Luath for about a week. The day I took out our SSC (structured soft carrier) she was so excited.  She started to dance in the kitchen saying "yahey, sling, let's go".

While pregnant I had decided to use a wrap with our baby and I am so glad that I prepurchased one.  Luath found it difficult adjusting to the world, hated the pram/pushchair and found it very difficult to be anywhere other than attached to mummy.  For us babywearing give Luath the closeness, security and reassurance that she needed during those tough months while giving me some freedom to move.



Our babywearing has changed over the 20 months and we have tried a stretchy wrap,a woven wrap, a MT, a SSC and a ring sling, with an Ergo as our go to.  The Ergo suits how, where and when we babywear.  We now mostly babywear for dog walks (although Luath walks too), for bus travel, for shopping in town and sometimes indoors if Luath needs a bit of extra closeness.  We babywear in all weathers, although living where we do more often than not that means cold and wet! 


I know that Luath and I both have benefited in so many ways from babywearing and long may we both still enjoy the experience of babywearing and the experiences we have while babywearing.


Other babywearing posts this week
Children's books featuring babywearing
Babywearing colouring pages

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets