description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Simple Science – Magnets – Magic Moving Trains

Luath and I were playing with her trains and I thought I would show her repelling and attracting with magnets.  Luath called it magic.
First we slowly moved the wagon towards the engine and they hooked up together.

Next we turned the wagon around, moved it slowly towards the engine and instead of hooking together the engine started to move away from the wagon.
 
It works on carpet but worked better on track as sometimes the engine tries to hook onto the wagons wheels.  We managed to add another wagon so that one wagon, moved the other which then moved the engine, but this was pretty tricky.
Luath had most fun doing this on a train track bridge so the engine went siding off.
(Luath is 30 months)
Shared with Tuesday Tots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets