description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Thursday, 15 August 2013

Indoors – The Big Wild Sleep out inside

I had hoped that we would have a night or two camping either at home or away, but for one reason or another we haven’t yet made it.  The RSPB were hosting a wild sleep out weekend.  We decided to join in but pitched the tent in Luath’s room.  It was a tight squeeze but it fitted. 
I didn’t tell Luath so it was a huge surprise when we went up to bed early. Luath investigated with her binoculars and the dog hung out with the dog torch.

Once Luath was asleep,

I put up a couple of trees with some wildlife.  I opened the curtains and the windows (we would have fallen asleep this way but it was noisier than usual).

Next morning I awoke to Luath’s voice saying owl, blue birds……. 

Soon all the wildlife were in the tent and the Gruffalo also appeared.

We had a mini breakfast snack, played with the animals and read some stories.  A very successful night’s camping.
(Luath is 30 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets