20 months
This was actually a fortnight ago but I was ill this week and hadn't quite finished this post.We (or should I say I) wasn't on full brain this week so we had a theme but I forgot to look out any books linked to it. We read so many everyday it never crossed my mind.
Activities
Lots of singing of 5 Currant Buns in a Baker Shop. We also sang "Pat a Cake", "How much is that doggie in the window" and "This little piggie", to go with our baking/shop.
I made some brown paper currant buns to use as props. We did some one-to-one correspondence trading a penny or a milk bottle top for a currant bun.


Luath loved putting pennies into a robin piggie bank and also into a coin sorter piggie bank.
I used items from the recycling to make Luath a shop. This was a huge hit. She loved playing an old fashioned style shopkeeper, who would go get what you asked for. We did some sorting by putting shop items into groups - cereals together, toiletries, fridge etc

I also cut out different shopping images from a shop leaflet that arrives in the post each week. I have been doing this for a few weeks.
We made some currant buns. I adapted a recipe I found and added some more cinnamon. They tasted lovely toasted.
Other things this week
Daddy went back to full time working this week, we missed having him around, but great he is well enough to be back.
We harvested some salad leaves and radishes. Luath had sowed and cared for these seeds. She has helped me sow seeds before but she really knew what was happening this time round so it was a thrill for her to eat her very own vegetables.
Luath loves numbers and had lots of fun finding different numbers I asked for. She doesn't know them all, just a few. We discovered she could do this one morning when I handed her our number block on our calender and she got the date number right.
We had some new sightings on our daily wood walks - a woodpecker, spider's eggs, falling beech nuts. Luath enjoys separating rowan berries from a bunch and leaving them for the birds and animals in the woods.
Find out what others were up to this week at 1+1+1=1









No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets