description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Sunday, 16 September 2012

Tot School - Nursery Rhyme - My hat has three corners


19 months
Books
I know there are lots of great hat theme books but we don't have any and we were only at the mobile library this week so choice was limited.  I selected books that did have a sort of hat theme.
Dig, Dig, Digging - we pointed out the different hats the people were wearing
I want to be a cowgirl - great stetsons
Maisy Luch - about fancy dress
That's not my dolly - mentions her hat is too soft
Mr Wolf's week - different clothes and hats for different weather

Toys
A box of hats - dressing up, sun hats, winter hats, Luath's, mine and daddy's.  This box was a huge hit and lots of fun.  My cheese head hat (Go Packers!) fitted the three corners song brilliantly.  Luath used the cheese head as a tuffet and often through the week would choose to sit on it.
As well as trying on the hats we also played a few games like "what hat would I wear if it was sunny", "what hat would I wear if I was a fire fighter" "bunny rabbit would like to wear a red hat"

I made a simple game by drawing pairs of different hats.  We tried to use this a few ways but mostly it was just picking up and naming the hats.

A stacking cup game - I thought it looked a bit like hats.  We made a huge stack using this and a few other items (think I had more fun doing this!).  Luath can stack but prefers the knocking down part.

A puzzle - not hat related but I thought I would keep a puzzle in rotation.  This week she choose to the puzzle quite a few times and was putting pieces in and out at times.

Other

We went to a session at a visiting Bookbug/play bus

I read some parts of the Enormous Crocodile and Dirty Beasts but Roald Dahl to celebrate Roald Dahl's birthday on the 13th.  We talked like pirates on the 15th (we were 4 days early as I go the date wrong for talk like a pirate day) and enjoyed fajitas to celebrate Mexican Independence Day.

Luath had her first real no holds barred painting session and loved it.  She decided she also wanted to paint her face.  We also had a go with bath crayons (one of our summer bucket list we didn't get done).  They were also a hit.

Find out what others were up to this week at 1+1+1=1

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! I need that block of cheese! M is for Mouse next week :) Love your ideas - I nominated you for a Liebster award! http://learningingrace.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I don't know how football fans can wear those cheese heads for a whole game.

      Delete

Commets