description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Our sort of Autumn Bucket List

I did enjoy our summer bucket list but have decided to be less prescriptive for Autumn, so it is more a list of things that highlight Autumn to me and some of the celebrations that will happen during the period.  Autumn may not officially start until later this month but there are already signs of the tree colours changing, the weather cooling, the geese on the move....

I had great fun looking through some of the special days that are happening in September, October and November. (About.com, hallmark channel are two of the sites I looked at).  Many of them  are USA based and I am not sure exactly how many people recognise them.  I selected ones that I thought we would enjoy doing some form of activity to mark the day if we had time - I didn't spread the days out well but there are plenty things happening most days if we are stuck for inspiration at other times.

Some of the other items on the list are very vague so we can just find what works with us all and where Luath's interest lies. 

Our list - I have missed out the word "day"  in items like Apple Day, Teddy Bear Day, as it was getting very busy



List of Dates (a quick link I found for each)
September
8th last night of the proms
9th  Grandparent's and Teddy Bear day
13th Roald Dahl's Birthday
15th Make a hat day
16th collect rocks day and Mexican Independence Day
18th Play dough day
19th talk like a pirate day
21st international day of peace and miniature golf day
22nd Autumn Equinox and elephant appreciation day
23rd-23October Seed and nut gathering season

October
1st vegetarian day
21st apple day
29/30th Harvest moon
31st Halloween

November
2nd  Cookie Monster's birthday
5th Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes)
11th Remembrance day
13th-17th Diwali
15th recycle day
17th homemade bread day
19th-25th road safety week
22nd Thanksgiving
24th-2nd December  Tree week
25th stir up Sunday (last Sunday before advent to make Christmas pudding)
26th Cake day
30th St. Andrew's Day

Other Items on the list, with some quick thoughts
Autumn colours - use in activities
Leaf fun - play with, craft using
Cook with Autumn - berries, apples, pumpkins
Seasonal music - Vivaldi autumn
Migrating birds - look out for
Scarecrow - or a Guy
Bramble picking
Tree watchinging - how trees change
Hibernating Animals - read, talk about, pretend
Autumn reading - find some stories/poems  (or songs)

Tuesday Tots Link PartyLinked with Tuesday tots via Rainy Day mum, see what else is happening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets