description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Friday, 19 April 2013

Book of the week – Jack and the FlumFlum Tree by Julia Donaldson


Jack and the Flumflum Tree is a fun rhyming picture book.  We read it last year and did a boat trip inspired by it.  I hadn’t seen it in the library since but this week when we were choosing books Luath spied it and immediately asked we borrow it.  I have lost counts of the number of times I have read it in the last few days.

Jack’s granny has the moozles and the only cure is the fruit from the flumflum tree.  Jack builds a boat, gets a crew and off they head, taking along a patchwork sack filled with odd bits and pieces.  Each thing in the patchwork sack comes in handy.

David Roberts illustrates the book in a lively movement inspiring way.  He has cunningly added two characters from previous Julia Donaldson books he has illustrated.  Luath spotted one of them on the first reading and loves that it is in the wrong book.
(Luath is 27 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets