The rough hairy skin was fun to feel. I placed the nut on a non slip surface and cracked it open with a few hits from the back of a large knife.
Seemingly it should break easily in half, ours broke slightly squint. Before I opened it fully Luath had a peep inside.
It has been so long since I have seen a coconut I forgot it has another part inside. A different texture to feel and when you shake it you could hear the water inside – although Luath wasn’t sure what the noise was.
The inside breaks easily and I caught the water in a bowl. Sadly our coconut tasted off so we couldn’t enjoy the eating and all the other things to do with the flesh. We will buy another and finish the investigation.
We have saved the outer shells and added these to our music basket.
(Luath is 27 months)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets