description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Thursday, 25 April 2013

Jack and the FlumFlum Tree



Jack and the Flumflum Tree was Luath’s favourite book last week, we read it many times.  We have done a few things inspired by the book.
Made some paper boats.  Jack builds a wooden boat but a paper boat sails alongside in the illustrations.

We made them on Earth Day out of flyers and sailed them in a puddle.
    
We did an experiment to see what would sink or float in a puddle.

I made a tom tom (a tub, cloth and elastic band) and we played it with wooden spoons while reading the part of the book they feature in.  I also read in time to a beat.
 
We looked at the book illustrations.  All the objects that granny puts in the patchwork sack are hidden in the front/back pages.

We did some play with a shark and other animals.  Initially I took out a shark. monkey and birds as they feature in the book, but Luath thought more should try out our beach and sea.

(Luath is 27 months)
Shibley Smiles
Shared with Read.Explore.Learn at JDaniel4’s Mom

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful book! The boat activity looks like so much fun. I will be sharing this post on Facebook and Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete

Commets