description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Monday, 22 April 2013

Egg shell fun

Leading up to Easter I had been washing and saving some egg shells.  These have been sitting in a box on our window sill for a while as we didn’t get round to what I had planned.  I decided that it was time they came off the window sill and we would have some fun smashing them up. We had done this with some eggs on Easter Sunday and turned them into a picture. 

To break the egg sometimes you only needed a fingertip other times a full hand and body weight.


I placed some of the slightly broken shells into a bag.  Which we squashed, rolled and hit.

We managed to keep most of the shells on the tray, these we tipped into a small pot to use another day.  The rest we swept and binned – egg shells can go on the compost heap, they are best crushed beforehand.

(Luath is 27 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets