description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Monday, 8 April 2013

Indoor Play – Who is it?


We were reading Chocolate Mousse For Greedy Goose by Julia Donaldson and were on possibly the third read through.  It is a great book but to lengthen the story slightly I pointed to the illustrations in the book.  On the edge of each double page there is a glimpse of who is coming next in the story.
   
I would ask Luath, who is this?  We then progressed to placing one of Luath’s guys (soft toys) behind the book and having a little of them pop out.  Luath would then tell me who it was.  She immediately knew them all no matter how little I showed.
 
“It was me” as Luath says

A few weeks later on a very sunny morning we played a similar game.  This time I had Luath look at the wall and I would hold up a toy and she had to guess who it was from the shadow.  Luath found it a bit difficult not to peep while I was picking up a toy, but she had fun.

(Luath is 26 months)
Shared with Tuesday tots via Rainy Day mum
and with Read.Explore.Learn at JDaniel4’s Mom
Shibley Smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets