I had thought we would have an outdoor picnic so we could be like our friends in the Southern Hemisphere but it ended up indoors. I kept things simple so used a few props - Christmas headwear, our elves Alfie and Elfie, and some books That's Not My Santa (Thats Not My)
For food I went with what we had at home. I made a Christmas tree shape from a tortilla wrap resting on a pineapple trunk. It was decorated with tomato candles with red pepper hummus flames. The star was made from cheese. I put extra wraps, hummus, cheese and tomato on a separate plate.
We made some strawberry Santa's. We had them at a party, made with cream, but Luath didn’t like the cream and it isn’t something we buy, so I altered them slightly. Overnight I froze yoghurt in a mini Easter egg mould. We cut the top off a strawberry and then placed one frozen yoghurt piece on the strawberry and replaced the top. We gave Santa eyes, a beard and mouth, and his hat a bobble using writing icing. We sprinkled white glitter sugar as snow. Luath loved these, but that isn’t surprising as she adores strawberries and likes frozen yoghurt.
Luath loved her picnic. She kept saying “is this for me” when she saw things, and when I said “yes”, she would say “wahey” and clap her hands. She did tell me that if it was Christmas we should have a tree.
After lunch we read the books, played with the elves and made sure everything was tided away before daddy came home.
(Luath is 29 months)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets