description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Monday, 24 June 2013

Outdoor Play – Sport’s games walks

Luath and I walk the dog once or twice every day (daddy walks the dog before and after work so if our walks are short, slow or relatively static it doesn’t matter too much).  Luath is now walking all the way for most of them. The majority of days we just walk and explore/play as suits.  However some days it is good to have a few tactics to encourage a toddler.

We often do obstacle courses – over/under/around things.  Luath enjoys playing musical chairs (well stones with some singing).  Often Luath wants to race to a sign or play can’t catch me.

Two new things we added to the list this week came from reading a story about sports day.  An egg and spoon race (a wooden egg and a measuring spoon).  I had an egg and spoon too
.    
A three legged race – well a very slow trying to coordinate our feet walk.  I used a spare dog collar.

Luath wants to do a sack race walk next, but I am trying to work out how to do it so that I don’t have to end up jumping her a long way down the road!
(Luath is 29 months)
Shared with outdoor play link up via Learning for Life  and Tuesday Tots via Rainy Day Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets