description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Thursday, 27 June 2013

Craft – TP tube windsocks for Canada Day and US Independence Day

We are planning to celebrate both Canada Day and US independence day next week.  I thought we would make a decoration for both days.  One of the things I remember from living in the USA is decorated porches including welcome signs and windsocks.  Luath isn’t the biggest craft fan but she enjoys glue so I set up a windsock craft we could do together. 

I pre-cut the toilet paper roll and paper.  We didn’t have the right colour of blue and four stars were enough.  I didn’t quite master a maple leaf but once I do we will add that.

Luath loved all the gluing.

She wanted to try threading the string through the holes.  It was way too tough but she gave it a lot of effort.  I did then help her get it in.

We hung them on Luath’s bookcase as they wouldn’t last long outside.

(Luath is 29 months)
Discover & Explore Weekly Themed Linky
Shared with discover and explore  via fantastic fun and learning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets