We don’t have any books specifically about the solstice or midsummer but have some books that mention summer as part of the yearly cycle. I made some peg dolls (sun child, summer blossom and sunflower).
We made a mini Stonehenge and stone circle. We later lined a key stone with angle of sunrise on the 21st (I didn’t get out of bed to check it was accurate but it was too cloudy anyway).
Made some sun cakes – orange flavoured fairy cakes with some sunny decoration.
Made a Rhododendron flower crown.
To brighten a dull, damp day we decorated some places with chalk suns and some yellow scribbles (moons, boats, trees and whatever else Luath told me she was drawing).
Enjoyed the puddle that the rain had left – this is as much summer for us as sun.
(Luath is 29 months)
What fun! I love all that you shared to savor and celebrate the sun!
ReplyDelete