description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Invitation to craft – Suncatcher Fish

I have seen a few different ideas on the theme of using sticky back plastic (contact paper).  It was No time for flash cards post that inspired me to give it a go with Luath this week.   I prepared the materials – I cut two fish shapes out of blue paper and applied sticky backed plastic onto the fish.  I had some small scraps of material which I cut into little pieces. I placed them on a tray and brought it into the living room and placed on a stool.  I chose to say nothing about the tray as I did so.
 
Luath came straight over to see what it was.  She pressed her finger onto the sticky surface and then said “are we going to stick those bits (material) onto the fish”.  I replied “if you want to”.  She started with one fish and then worked between both fishes. 

She didn’t quite fully decorate the fish.  She asked me to do some.  I asked what colours and where I should add these material.  Once done she picked up the tray and said “we need to put it somewhere safe to dry”.  We haven’t used sticky back plastic before so she assumed it was glue.

I cut around the fish’s outline, punched a hole, added string and hung them in the kitchen on our tomato plants. 

(Luath is 29 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets