I can’t say I love all insects but they are important. There are lots of information and links on national insect week about insects, insect spotting, friendly gardens.
Insect Box
I have been looking for some wood that we could use to make an insect box. I found a combined ladybird and bug box along with a bird box with paint for sale. I am not sure what birds or insects think of colourful houses but Luath and I set to work with a rainbow of paints. I thought that my painting the houses Luath would become much more involved in the process. I don’t think the bird box is ideal for nesting birds so we are using it as a decoration.
We had some new roll on paints to trial. Luath enjoyed taking the lids on and off especially. The rollers are a great idea but you need to keep them upright and give a bit of pressure so they are a little tricky for Luath. She still enjoyed using them even if only a little paint came out. I rolled some paint and then we used a paint brush to spread the colour.
A very colourful outcome. We left the insect box for a while before hanging out to give the paint time to settle. We used non toxic paint but I thought it was safer to give a bit of time to remove any residue.
(Luath was 25 months)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets