description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Indoor Play – A worldwide safari

Luath loves play that involves trips in her (banana box) car.  As we have recently been to a wildlife park I set up a safari for Luath.  I laid out different zones – savannah, jungle, farm, forest, sea, ice and snow.  Most of the areas were just coloured material.  We then took some animals and placed them in their correct location.  Luath needed a little help for some of the animals.  The dinosaurs, which Luath wanted to see on her trip, shared the jungle with a monkey and a tiger.

Luath then set off on a worldwide safari.  Stopping to play along the way.
 
I quickly found some books that fitted into each area as Luath often enjoys reading while we play.
   
It was a fun way to begin learning about varying types of landscapes, climate and where different animals live. 
(Luath is 30 months)
shared with tuesday tots via rainy day mum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets