Pre Luath I used to make bread most weeks, along with many other things I haven't been able to do much breadmaking. I decided it was time we restarted and Luath is now able to help, watch or entertain herself nearby while I do.
The method I use is a short knead and only one rise (in the tins) so it is actually quite quick, however this time we ended up having a long break in between stages so it had two risings and this made the bread taste much more yeasty than normal.
First we weighed out the flour, yeast, salt and sugar into a large bowl and gave it a good mix. Luath loves mixing, she even stops when we are out for walks to pick up a stick says "mix mix mix",and stirs the dirt.
Next we weighed and added the vegetable oil, and then I added the water and did the mixing.
Luath then helped me brush oil over the loaf tins. I told her to paint, so she happily sat in her chair saying "paint" as she brsuhed the oil (mainly on the base of the tins)
The fun part came next, we tipped the mixed dough onto my pastry mat. Luath watched as I kneaded. I gave her a piece but she had had enough by then. I did a few minutes kneading then but the dough back in the bowl as Luath needed me.
The dough ended up sitting in the bowl for quite a while and had risen, so I tipped it out and beat it back. It gave Luath a giggle to watch me punch the dough but she didn't want to touch the dough. I gave the dough another short knead.
The dough ended up sitting in the bowl for quite a while and had risen, so I tipped it out and beat it back. It gave Luath a giggle to watch me punch the dough but she didn't want to touch the dough. I gave the dough another short knead.
The dough was then divided into smaller sections and shaped. placed in the tins and left to rise and was then bakes.
Luath enjoyed the tasting.
(Luath is 16months)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets