description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Pirate Lunch

As part of our sea week – mainly Pirates, I prepared Luath a special lunch.  We had been out for a walk and were a little later back than usual, so it was a high speed process.

We don’t add anything like picture toothpicks or fancy wrappers, as Luath would spend more time investigating them than eating!

Our Pirate lunch

Skull bread – a Halloween cookie cutter, first press cut the bread but I had to mould the bread into the cutter to get the imprint of the skull.
Cheese crossbones – we have some bone shaped cookie cutter (a present with a book for making dog treats).  The cheese is a bit difficult to get out of the cutter as it sticks.
Hard tack malted cereal
Red X marks the spot tomato slices, placed under a broccoli palm tree
Treasure – blueberry jewels and golden sweetcorn
Scurvy preventing orange segments

I had put in on a plate but the treasure corner was a bit cluttered so I separated the contents and put into a muffin case (Luath had already started on the sweetcorn)

(Luath is 17mths)

2 comments:

  1. What a cute lunch! My little guy would love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to try and do something similar more often as Luath enjoyed it

      Delete

Commets