Following our time away from home my brain wasn't quite in the tot school mode so we read books on our theme and recited the poem, most other things were just a normal fun week. I took almost no photos of our theme this week.
Cat
We played with some toy cats and pretended that they chased a mouse under a chair. It is so funny to hear Luath say London, when obviously she has no clue what London is. We read some books featuring cats.
Queen
We watched a tiny bit of the Jubilee celebrations from the weekend. The best part of the celebration was that daddy got a day off work. We read a funny book called the Queen's Knickers and recited "they're changing guards at Buckingham palace".
Other things
We watched a paddle steam ship and a cruise ship go by. The steamship comes once a year but the cruise ship is a big novelty.
Luath had fun playing with jelly in the bath tub.
We played for a long time with a banana cardboard box. Making up many games, most of which made Luath giggle.
We went to watch the Olympic flame go past. The girl who carried it was running quite fast, so it was a blink and you missed it moment. Luath enjoyed the built up, they had various vehicles going by with people waving and music playing. She was happy clapping, dancing and waving a flag.
Find out what others were up to this week at 1+1+1=1

Cute blog! I found it on 1+1+1=1 as I was linking up mine for the first time. I am new to blogging and I was wondering if you could tell me how you added the tot school box at the top of your post?
ReplyDeletethanks, I've posted on your blog, hope you can get it to work
ReplyDeleteLooks like she had so much fun this week! I'm a new follower from 1+1+1+1. I have a question, how do you pronounce Luath?
ReplyDelete