| 24 months |
This week we looked at the number four and used the rhyme mother hen. It is a new rhyme to Luath and I and it didn’t quite grab either of our attention.
I brought out some books and toys linked to the theme. We sang the rhyme and I would hold up my fingers while saying 4 yellow, 4 brown and 2 speckled red. Daddy started singing "chick chick...lay a little egg" and that has been much more of a hit with Luath.
We played with our number toys and took out all the number 4s. This week the 4s walked the plank. Luath still loves her magnetic number clock/shape puzzle, which has been played with many times every day, in many different ways.
I received an amaryllis for Christmas and I thought it would be good to measure it’s growth as I know they grow fast and tall. Already this week it has grown. We are going to have problems balancing the blocks soon.
Other things this week
We have done a few activities in the bath
Burning a boat for Up Helly Aa. Painting with hot pink bubble bath paint. Playing with frozen hearts.
We have had some pretty wet and stormy weather this week but have managed to stay relatively dry on our adventures.
Shared with 1+1+1-1.
(Luath is 24 months)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets