Inspired by some icy puddles we were cracking while out for a walk I thought I would make some ice cubes for Luath to play with. Since it is coming up for Valentine’s I made some heart shaped ice cubes using a muffin tin and added some hot pink and red food colouring to the water. They turned out pretty.
I decided that the bath would be a fun place to play with them since we had already investigated the ice from the puddles and from our bird bath. I placed the hearts on an upturned container that partially floated.
Luath was initially interested but quickly became bored with them. I placed one heart in a bowl and gave it a shake, this released some pink watery dye into the container which sparked Luath’s interest. She took the heart out of the bowl and soon discovered that it started to shrink/melt in the bath water. The ice cubes being cupcake size gave them a little longer to melt than if they had been regular ice cube sized.
We worked our way through all the hearts. Towards the end Luath decided that they were great to taste, I am sure it was the texture than the actually taste though.
(Luath is 24 months)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets