description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Thursday, 7 February 2013

A fast to make play plaster cast



I have been planning to make a play plaster cast for a while.  Luath loves giving us all a check up. Recently we have been reading “Maisy goes to hospital” – she falls off her trampoline and breaks her leg.  Luath has been trampette crazy lately.  My idea was to use a balloon and paper mache, but then this week Luath slipped a toilet roll tube onto her wrist and I thought “ah ha”.   It was very simple, quick and cheap to make.

Gather the supplies – toilet roll tube, 2 sheets of kitchen roll, glue, scissors and sticky tape.


Cover outside of toilet roll with one sheet of kitchen roll, only use small amount of glue at the two joins if you use “wet” glue. 


Cut the tube in half lengthwise, fold excess kitchen roll into inside.  Cut another piece of kitchen roll paper to fill inside of tube and glue.  I added sticky tape to all four edges just to give it a little more strength.


Have lots of fun pretending you have broken a bone.When daddy came home from work we showed him the plaster, then Luath said "I have broken my leg", daddy replied "better go to hospital" to which she said "I've already been". It fits well on Luath’s leg and arm, and they also work on me and daddy too. I made two and for bigger limbs two covers the full circumference.

 
Shared with Tuesday tots via Rainy Day mum
(Luath is 24 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets