| 24 months |
This week I had initially thought to do five little ducklings but as Luath has been loving jumping on the trampette I changed this week’s rhyme to “five little monkeys jumping on the bed”. We did also sing “five little monkeys in a tree”. Last year we had a week using “five currant buns”. Since our number weeks are more about Luath recognising the different numbers we spent more time on the monkey theme than number 5.
I looked out some monkey themed books and toys.
We found number 5s in our puzzles and they jumped on the trampette. Luath jumped on a 5 made of stones.
We all did lots of jumping on the trampette and re-enacting the song.
Other things this week
We had a few days in a city where we had some outside time (terrible weather) but did lots of unusual for us activities – riding in lifts (including a glass one), up/down escalators, big shops, restaurants and more.
We had fun in a muddy puddle and letting a dice decide our walk direction. Retold The Gingerbread Man using story stones. Pretend we had a broken limb using a pretend plaster cast I had made.
Shared with 1+1+1=1
(Luath is 24 months)
{hello! visiting from Carisa's blog!} What a fun theme! Love the large motor skill practice!
ReplyDeleteYou can't help smiling when you are bouncing so yes it was a fun week
DeleteIt looks like a great day!
ReplyDeletelots of fun
Delete