| 24 months |
This week we looked at the number six and “Sing a song of sixpence” nursery rhyme. I took no number pictures this week, but similarly to previous weeks the number part was more about recognising the number, we looked out for number 6s, played with a 6 bean bag, did some number puzzles and read some number books.
This was some things we used to play/act out the nursery rhyme – clothes pegs, blackbird, king, queen and maid, bottle tops as coins and pie with black beans (as birds)
I placed 24 black birds (beans) on a cookie tray and Luath transferred them into the pie (tub). She did it with her fingers but we gave it a try with tongs as she quite often picks these up and tries to use. Even though she couldn’t use the tongs next time I took the tray out she insisted I got the tongs too.
We emptied out the dog’s piggy bank (this was from pre Luath and I didn’t realise that it still had quite a bit of change in it). It was good to look at all the different coins. Luath insisted that the Queen had a king’s crown on not a queen’s. She tried to put the money into the piggy bank’s slot (she has done this before) but found it too hard so I turned the bankie upside down to make it easier. She mastered the piggy bank slot another day. NB Luath did twice bring a coin to her mouth, both times she looked at me and shook her head, so she was closely supervised.
She helped me hanging up the washing (she does this anyway) and I set her up with a shoelace washing line tied to the fire guard NB she wasn’t left alone with this activity
We also made a castle (just four square foam mats), with a throne (a stool) and sometimes a crown (either a tiara or a ring of cardboard). Luath especially enjoyed sitting on her throne while I would raise and lower one of the sides as a drawbridge.
Luath loved all our Sing a Song activities and liked to sing/have the song sung as we did them.
Other things this week
Plenty of spying with our and her binoculars. Tossing pancakes. Took part in a RSPB survey – listening to birds.
Valentine activities – baking, heart shaped food, card making
Shared with 1+1+1=1
(Luath is 24 months)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets