Ingredients
We used two cake mix packets that were designed to fill 2 x 8” round cake tins each.
Ready to roll coloured icing
Icing sugar
Tub butter cream icing
Writing icing in black and red
Orange sprinkles
What I did with some help from my little assistant
Luath and I made the cake mix as per the packet’s instructions. Then divided the mixtures between four 1 lb loaf tins.
Once the cakes were cooled I sandwiched them together with butter cream icing. (They would have looked better if I had squared off the cakes but we were feeding a lot so needed every bit of cake). I also covered the sides with butter cream icing.
Each side of Stuffy is a different colour so for each side I used about half a packet of ready to roll icing. I rolled it out to slightly bigger than the side. I smoothed the icing onto the cake side then trimmed the icing to size.
To make the eyes, I mixed up some icing sugar into a thick consistency, then rolled it in some more icing sugar. I split the ball in two and then flattened each piece into an eye shape. Quickly attaching it to the cake with butter cream icing. I added two small pieces of black icing. Using the writing icing I added a black smile and red stitches.
Stuffy has fluffy hair so I gave his head a thin covering of butter cream icing and then poured orange sprinkles over.
I was behind Luath when daddy brought out the cake with the candles but he said her face lit up with joy. She managed to blow both candles out by herself (must be all the blowing bubbles we have been doing lately). There was not much left of Stuffy to take home.
linked up with tuesday tots via rainy day mum
(Luath is 24 months)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets