description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Friday, 18 January 2013

Celebrations - Winnie the Pooh Day Breakfast then story time in the Hundred Acre woods.

Winnie the Pooh Day is today - 18th January - AA Milne’s birthday.  I was thinking of how to celebrate and last week, one morning on wakening Luath asked for her Pooh bag, so we started celebrating early! 

We took Pooh and his friends out of the bag and read “Tigger has breakfast” before we got out of bed.  In the story we discover that Tigger likes extract of malt, so for our Breakfast we had a cereal called Malties (a supermarket brand of Shreddies) and some toast with Marmalade.  Pooh didn’t mind us spreading the toast with marmalade, more Honey for him he said.  We ate our breakfast on a blanket on the floor.  Luath has recently enjoyed having tea parties or making cups of tea, so we had out the teapot and cups with saucers. We then read “The Tiger who came to tea”.


We then decided to take all the guys to the Hundred Acre woods.  It was a dry day so I packed a book to read in our newly cleared story area. 

Winnie the Pooh and friends sat on one log and Luath on another.  I read "Goldilocks and the Three Bear" - the first small enough book I could find that had some relevance to the woods.  Luath loved hearing a story, in fact she asked for more books and was sad when I said I had only taken one.








We will also do something today to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets