| 24 months |
This week we looked at the number 3. Luath is still recovering from a bug, but we had a more active week than last. Towards the end of the week I was drawing with Luath and I drew a 3 which she told me was a 8, but she did seem to grasp the concept of “third” as we had used that frequently in our stories. We used the nursery rhyme “Three Blind Mice”. I sing it slightly adapted so that the farmer’s wife chases them away with a carving knife. I don’t change many nursery rhymes.
We read the Three Billy Goats Gruff and Goldilocks & the Three bears. We don’t have the book but we told the story of the Three Little Pigs and that was Luath’s favourite “three” story - one day we acted it out using straw, sticks and stones.
My old exercise trampette featured in a lot of this week’s activities so the number 3s gathered there for a bounce.
We played with a number 3 beanbag I made. It worked so much better than any of the other number pieces we have had out. We both repeated the phrase number three frequently while we played - “number 3 in the air”, “number 3 on my head”, “here comes number 3 catch”…….
Luath choose to play often with some toys from her number box selection. She especially enjoyed the magnetic qualities in two of the toys. One evening as I prepared dinner she kept herself very busy by travelling into the living room to collect two puzzle piece then sticking the magnetic numbers onto the washing machine, then returning for the next two pieces. She next took them all to the trampette. I gave her a tray to put them on and finally back into the puzzle. A fantastic little circuit that I will have to try again.
We did some pig based activities
I made some moon sand which was a huge hit.
Learnt about marking time to music. Painted with homemade paint. Fed the birds
Celebrated Burns Night by reading some Burns and eating
See what other tot school is happening this week at 1+1+1=1
No comments:
Post a Comment
Commets