description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Thursday, 31 January 2013

Indoor Play – Hot Pink Bath Painting




While looking for gelatine for a planned craft I spied some hot pink food colouring and had to have it.  I decided to use some of it to make some bath paint.  Very easy, pour some baby bath/wash into container, mix in some cornflour to thicken, then add food colouring until intensity required.


Luath doesn’t tend to have an afternoon nap now and this was a perfect mid afternoon activity – engaging but relaxing for us both.  Once the bath was filled I added some paint to the water which turned it a diluted hot pink.  Luath started off painting with just the brushes and no paint.  She then took turns in using an old toothbrush or paintbrush (or both together) to decorate the bath tub sides, under the water or onto some containers I placed in the bath.  She didn’t like the idea of painting her body and was quick to wipe away any paint that landed on herself.
 

I had placed some bubble wrap in the bath and Luath tried painting on that.
 

I drew some hearts around the bath sides.


(Luath is 24 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets