description

A blog to record our learning while we play and laugh

Saturday, 19 January 2013

Toddler Kitchen – Winnie the Pooh’s Honey Cakes

toddler kitchen 

We celebrated Pooh Day a bit early so I thought we should make a cake for his special day.  I found a recipe for Honey Buns in “Afternoon tea parties” by Susannah Blake.    Luath usually likes baking and mixing but she didn’t want to be too involved this time. When we were trying the cakes later I said " these are the ones we made", but she said "no, you made".

Ingredients
60g butter
50g caster sugar (I halved the amount of sugar but perhaps you could forgo it altogether, especially if you add the suggested icing)
6 tablespoons clear honey
80 ml milk
1 egg
115g self raising flour

Method
Put butter, sugar and honey in a pan, stir until butter is melted.
Remove from heat, stir in milk and then the egg.
Sift in the flour.  Mix.
Divide between cupcake cases – the book says 12 but they would be quite small
Bake 170 C for 20 minutes.
The recipe then adds icing and sprinkles, we didn't.

Let Winnie the Pooh have at least one.

I am not sure if either Luath or I actually would recommend these.  I think it depends on how much you like honey.
(Luath is 24 months\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commets